Part I．Listening Comprehension (20 points)
Directions: In this section, you will hear 10 short conversations. At the end of the each
conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation
and the question will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause.
During the pause, you must read the four choices marked A, B, C and D, and decide
which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet
with a single line through the center.
1. A. A tourist guide.
B. A travel agent.
C. A receptionist.
D. A clerk in a ticket office.
2. A. Paul usually flies to Japan with Betty.
B. Paul changed his mind at the last minute.
C. Paul persuaded Betty to change her mind.
D. Paul planed to go to Japan with Betty by sea.
3. A. The interview is very important to her.
B. She has to go through an important interview.
C. She is not ready for the interview.
D. The interview is probably too difficult for her to handle.
4. A. In 1978. B. In 1971. C. In 1984. D. In 1985.
5. A. The woman can change American dollars into RMB at any bank.
B. The woman can change money at the bank next to the Peace Hotel.
C. The bank next to the Peace Hotel closes early.
D. Most banks do not have the service of changing money.
6. A. The air quality in the city is not as serious as the woman says.
B. There were no factories in the city in the past.
C. The air pollution is caused by the development of industry.
D. They should move to another city.
7. A. In Rome. B. In Paris. C. In Madrid. D. In London.
8. A. He read the newspaper.
B. The woman told him.
C. He listened to a radio report.
D. He was told by the people in his office.